Choosing a New Commercial Roofing Structure
When you are getting ready to replace or restore your commercial roofing, you will find there are a lot of options to choose from. Not every option will be the best for your needs, but generally, most building owners want similar things. A structure that will be long-lasting, require minimal maintenance and will be durable. The roofing structure that checks all those boxes is metal roofing. Metal is a great investment for commercial buildings because of how durable and long-lasting it is, especially when faced with rain, wind, grease, and more. To discuss a commercial metal roof installation in East Hartford, CT, look no further than Hartford Restoration Services. Start working with us today by calling 860-508-0021.
Metal Roofing for Commercial Buildings
If you are considering a metal roof for your commercial building, it can feel a little overwhelming. There is a myriad of options for structure, color, and type. Relying on a commercial metal roofing contractor can help with that. They can go over all your options and can even go into detail about how to install commercial metal roofing. Because one of the many benefits of metal roofing is that it can be installed directly over existing materials. As long as your current roof is in good condition, you could easily hire a commercial roofer in East Hartford, CT to install a new roof.
Once you have landed on a roofing structure, next comes choosing the metal type. For commercial buildings, you have options like:
- Galvanized Steel
- Coated Steel
- And More!
Consulting with a commercial roofing company will be the best way to ensure you are getting the best deal and the best material for your needs. Not all metal roofing is manufactured the same, so you need to be sure that what you choose will be able to withstand everything you expose it to. Contact Hartford Restoration Services for more information.
Commercial Metal Roofing Types
When it comes to commercial metal roofing, there are several options to choose from. It’s best to consult with commercial metal roofing contractors to get an understanding of your options. They can also help you pick the best one for your budget and needs.
- Corrugated Roofing: This is by far the most well-known metal roofing option for commercial roofing purposes. Sheets can come in two distinct variations, U-Panel or R-Panel. U-panels will give a softer, less harsh appearance than R-panels.
- Standing Seam: One of the most popular options for it beauty and durability. The standing seam metal roof has, essentially, hidden fasteners that are protected from the elements. This allows the metal to last longer and provide more reliability.
- Coated Steel Sheets: About the same price as aluminum roofing, this option is inexpensive. It is actually coated in aluminum to provide the most long-lasting and durable option for commercial and industrial roofing needs.
No matter which metal roofing system you choose, you can’t go wrong. If you ever feel like you want a little more protection or longevity for your metal roof, you can invest in things like commercial roof coatings. These coatings provide a layer of protection to any roof, but especially to metal roofs. They are an inexpensive choice for those that want to restore their roof but don’t want to spend a lot of money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to install a metal roof?
- The cost will vary and depend on the size of your roof. Generally speaking, however, if you have a 1,500 sq ft roof, a metal roof installation could run you around $12,000.
- What is a standing seam metal roof?
- It is a type of metal roofing system that utilizes hidden fasteners. Two sheets are designed to snap together to create one system. The sheets can then be pinned together with a fastener at the lip where the two overlap, essentially creating a hidden fastener.
- What are the different types of metal roofs?
- There is a corrugated roof, metal tile shingles, standing seam metal roofing, and more. For metal roofing, there are several system options as well as several material options. Deciding on which one to install will depend on your needs and what you can afford.
- How good are metal roofs?
- Metal roofs are a great investment. They provide increased protection, energy efficiency, and longevity. A metal roof is good for commercial buildings because it can withstand extended exposure to things like wind, rain, smoke, grease, and more.
- What is the most common metal roof?
- The most common metal roofing material is aluminum. It is cheap to purchase, highly flexible and durable. The most common metal roofing system is the standing seam roof. It provides the most protection and longevity for the cost.
Contact Our Team Today for More Information and Scheduling Services
Want to work with an amazing roofing company in your area? Then contact Hartford Restoration Services today! We can help with all your commercial roofing needs, like a commercial metal roof installation in East Hartford, CT. Our contractors can provide the expert installation, repair, and replacement services you need. We’re available at 860-508-0021 when you are ready to get started.